Pages

4 Dec 2011

Ludacris' wise words

source

I recently saw the movie Bling Ring, based on a true story, of some teens in LA who essentially stole various fashion items and cash directly from the homes of celebrities such as Paris Hilton in order to basically live in their shoes. I hadn't heard that story before, but according to Wikipedia, this happened back in 2008-2009.  I was pretty shocked to see this how far people go to live the "American Dream". Or more the "American Illusion". I was trying to wrap my head around how someone could do something like this and think it's okay to do this. Then I saw this quote from Ludacris's twitter earlier today that basically answered my question:
"Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like."
Sad but true. These teens are an extreme case, but they also emulate what a lot of people are doing nowadays (e.g. buying houses, clothing and weddings they can't afford). It's probably one of the reasons many people end up with serious financial problems. A lot of people want all the glitz and glamour but are unwilling to do the work it takes to get there. It's important to remember that none of the celebrities with staying power got to where they are without patience, sacrifices and/or a lot of hard work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts