Pages

30 Nov 2011

Alan Watt view on life


I love this little speech by Alan Watts. The first time I heard this, it really got me thinking : Am I really living fully or am I chasing the elusive carrot on a stick? It seems like our culture has created this mundane life journey that all of us must blindly follow even though it's not really what makes all of us happy. And as soon as one of us is brave enough to create our own path, others will start persecuting us for not doing the "right" thing (a.k.a what everybody else is doing). As a result, those of us who decide to follow our own path end up successful and happy and are often hated and criticized the sheep who end up wasting their own lives and not living to their full potential. 

Every so often, when I need a little reminder of how important it is to live life to the fullest, I like to watch and listen to this clip. There's also a great like by Drake Moment for life :  "I’m really tryn'a make it more than what it is, cause everybody dies but not everybody lives". 

source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts