Pages

29 Oct 2011

dancing brings joy

I've been following Oprah's Lifeclass on OWN for the past three weeks (I encourage you to watch it too, it's a very valuable show) and fridays are Joy Rising days: a day where we get to see and experience pure joy. Even miles away through the television, you get to experience and share the joy. I guess it's that powerful. This time it was about viewers being surprised with a trip to Australia. They were hysterical and it definitely made me smile. I had an "aha moment" when Oprah explained that at the end of the day, it's not about the material things the viewers get but about the feeling you get, the joy. That's what people are really looking for. 

This got me thinking about an old YouTube video called "Where the Hell is Matt?" that brought me tears of joy when I saw it the first time. It still does too. There was this guy making a video of himself awkwardly dancing in different parts of the world, when suddenly a mass of people joined in to dance with him. It is beautiful to see and you can't help but feel happy. It didn't matter the age, race, social status, they were all having the brief moment of joy. What a beautiful thing experience even through the web. 

So here it is. I hope this bring you joy too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts