Pages

24 Oct 2011

visionaries on OWN


Thank you OWN! I recently started watching Visionaries on the Oprah Winfrey Network and I'm addicted. Are you? This is definitely my kind of TV show! There are so many tips and tricks I can get from these great mentors. I even started to take notes as a watch the shows.

I have to admit, I always secretly wished I could just be around certain of my favorite celebrities and just learn from them. I even think that (based on what I've seen and read) some could be great friends I can relate to and feel I could also be a great friend to some as well (silly isn't it? Ah well. It is what it is). I think that probably one of the reasons I like reality shows, interviews and documentaries so much, you get to meet the human being behind the image.  For me it also gives me an opportunity to become their virtual apprentice for a little while.

There are only 5 episodes featuring Tyler Perry, Tom Ford, Will.i.am, Annie Lebowitz and James Cameron. I'll post about each episode in the future. Tyler Perry's episode aired last Sunday and Tom Ford episode aired today. Fantastic shows! Here's below is the official trailer of the show.



Even from the trailer I got great insights : 

Tyler Perry - “Part of it at the beginning was I was running from poverty.” What I get from that is that poverty should be a motivation to reach higher grounds and not an excuse. 


Tom Ford - “Sometimes I have moments when it’s sort of like everything is frozen, everything is absolutely clear and you can feel rather than think”. What I get from that is that you have to allow yourself to feel thing to find your true passion.

James Cameron - “Whatever I’m doing always seems like a quest to learn something. A lot of stuff come to me in dreams and I remember it”. What I get from that is that your gift comes from within but you have to be attentive to find it. 


Will.i.am - “When you’re not thinking of stuff and things come to you, that’s when you got the magic sauce". What I get from that is that you can't force things but don't worry, they will come. Just be attentive. 

Annie Lebowitz - “You don’t stop. It doesn’t turn off and on like a faucet”. What I get from that is that you can't put a timer on creativity and passion. It's not a 9 to 5 job is who you are. 

For me this comes at such a right moment. (That and the Oprah's Lifeclasses). I'm at the point in my career where I feel I'm waking up and I'm trying to figure out where I should be heading. It's a bit like the inception movie. I woke up once a couple years ago and made positive changes. I grew and now I feel like I'm waking up again. It's a little scary but exciting at the same time. So I'm trying to find clues and I'm taking tips from people I look up to. 

Photos : 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts